View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
nsilvano21
Rookie

nsilvano21's Arena

OVR: 4
Will Madden 10 force gamers to have creative offensive schemes?

I know that EA is shooting for sim style play but do u guys think it will really eliminate plays that dominate the game this year like using the run and gun playbook. (hb toss, fb dive, flanker screens and curls) that's basically everyones gameplan this year. I'm hoping the sim gameplay that they are shooting for will force everyone to have a creative offense. I'm tired of running into the same scheme this year. Just hoping madden 10 won't have a group of plays that will be abused only becuz they are just about 99% guaranteed to pick u up chunks of yards everytime.
Same with the rocket catch. No one should be able to lob a pass up on 3rd and long or 4th and long and just have their receiver jump up and snag it for a first down. Too many people rely on this and it takes away from the football concept of the game. I'm just waiting for EA to announce sometime soon that the rocket catch won't be in the game anymore. I know they said it wouldn't be in 09 but everyone figured out how to do it. If they take it out for 10, gamers that rely on the rc might have to do some actual football plays, godforbid.

Bottom line is, if EA makes this game sim style to the point that u have to be creative, that will bring most of these "top gamers" back down to reality and they will have to actually think up plays and won't be able to rely on garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove