View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
Brandon_c993
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Weather stats when kicking a feild goal/Orange flags on the goal posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I was playing madden 09 earlier online and, I was in the windy city playing the Chicago Bears. As i went to kick a field goal i didn't realize how strong the wind was pushing to one side and, the only time you get to see wind stats is before the game starts, by then your so into the game you forget about the wind. Now i did not have to angle the arrow to kick the ball because, i was already lined up straight with the goal post.

This was not a goal line kick i was about 25 yards out making it about a 30 or 35 yarder. I kick the ball and, its dead on couldn't be straighter but the wind pushes it to the to the left missing it by 5 feet. I thought to myself why isn't the flags flapping around at the top of the goal posts to show how powerful the wind is because, i would have angeled to the right a bit so it doesn't push to the left and miss. Oh yeah thats right there are none but they are in real games!!!

So you see it on sunday you see it in the game huh??? we'll see!!!
EA at least take the time to make wind stats to pop up when you your about to kick a field goal if you don't put up the orange flags on top of each side of the goal post, it might save you a close game in the future maybe... think about it
I think it would be cool if they had the wind speed on the orange flags...thoughts?