View Single Post
Old 03-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
canes21
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
I just thought of what the "New Tecg" is.

And I am pretty sure this is not what it is, but a nice, realistic guess is never harmful.

Earlier in the year Madden released a blog about PA. This blog showed player models following targets with their heads and eyes. Now I am not sure if this actually effects what they see, or if it just is a visual effect.

Anyways, we also just got news in the recent blog that refs are in the game. So, I was thinking that this new tech is real time penalties. Now I know 2k had this, but they had it to where the ref didn't have to see it, he could look downfield and call the holding that occurred completely behind him.

Now with PA this could lead to referees having a certain range of vision, similar to the vision cone a few years back, but this cone moves with their eye and head movement. And if a penalty occurs inside this vision cone, then it is called 95% of the time. If it occurs outside it will not be called. This would not only make the game much more realistic, but it would make penalties a lot less frustrating. I hate having a hold called in Madden and look at the replay and there is no hold. The only real time penalty in this game is pass interference. But now, maybe this new tech will help this out.

Thanks for reading! Please comment.

EDIT: Could a mod change the title to New Trch instead of New Tecg. lol I screwed up that early....

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove