View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
jerseyjay14
Banned

OVR: 3
Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch?

i have read comments from users here saying the rocket catch(RC) wont be back... i also read comments from you saying the game is taking a direction towards being completely sim... that said, will the RC finally be gone?

I played in a league last year... the guy who won the league was 16-0 and just RC'd all game long. no one could touch him. i played with the same guy in another league... they had a rule where you were NOT allowed to click on to the WR. The guy started out 1-4 and quit the league because he couldnt move the ball at all on offense... i found it interesting that once he was forced to scheme to get WRs open isntead of chucking it up and bailing himself out with the controls, he was ineffective... and i think that s kind of how it should be... i was 9-7 in both leagues... i dont really user catch so it didnt really effect me... while a few people quit cause they demanded user catching, most liked it... there were less 63-17 scores and alot more diversity in plays called.

i guess my point is, i think the community benefits when people are forced to move the ball in a realistic manner (throwing to open recievers, calling the right plays, etc...) and i think it really is detrimental when somone can use an outside element(ability to manipulate the game controller) as a bailout for poor play calling and inability to get WR open.

Last edited by jerseyjay14; 03-25-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove