View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #4
jerseyjay14
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Ian, Whats the fate of the rocket catch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsilvano21
i agree 100%! I play online and in leagues all the time. I can usually shut down guys on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down with my defense when they attempt actual plays (non rocket catch) But then they go for it on like 4th and long and get it with a rocket catch. it is a bailout for poor play calling and the inability to get a WR open. If you perfect the rocket catch, it cant be stopped. How is this football?

now, i know some guys will respond and say it shows off how i user catch blah blah blah it shows off my stick work blah blah blah. Well how about show off your knowledge of football and run actual plays. I can user catch without doing the rocket catch. the rc isnt the only user catch that can be done in the game. so it wouldnt be impossible for EA to take out.

it will be funny to see guys that rely on the rocket catch now for the last couple of years have to actually think up a game scheme if they take it out of Madden 10 and make you actually play football.
agreed... also i am aware there are tons of guys who know football AND can rocket catch. but those guys should be good without RC as well then...

the phrase that always bothered me was ".. but ti takes skill to do it" as an excuse as to why rocket catching or the studda step should be allowed/in the game.

who cares how much "skill" it takes if it is overshadowing the football aspect of the game? stick skills should come into play but in a football manner... juking a guy 1 on 1, making a tackle. positioning a defender against a pass.... it shouldnt come into play to interfere with football -- strafe catching, thigna that abuse the ai, rocket catch, etc..