View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #18
CapnKill
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Ian's team showing great progress: THE PITCH (PLEA) FOR A PLAY EDITOR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
while i am ALL FOR anything that stops cheating or at leasts disrupts it enough. I feel a play editor is a great idea, but also opens up way too many other areas for exploits etc.

I think the best thing is to just tighten up the AI. Put the Ol undera microscope and address the areas that are usually exploited the most.

Know being a realist, i know cheating will NEVER go away and there probably is no way to really make it go away mainly because there is no penalty for doing it. If they would imput a system where a cheater is exposed and then actually penalized for doing it, maybe it will deminish.

My distain for cheaters is beyond description and i would love a system where they would be exposed. For example, after a specified number of complaints that persons GT whould have a huge "CHEATER/EXPLOITER" logo next to it so we know to avoid him. But they would certainly find ways around that as well. I mean they cheat for a reason and we all know alot of them spend countless hours in practice mode just to find ways to CHEAT.

I hope there is a way EA can do something. And i know they most likly hate cheaters as much as we do.

Did i mention how much i hate cheaters/exploiter? Not sure if i got that point across......
Have to be careful with this. I'm a straight sim player, I never use an exploit, or anything along those lines, yet on occasion I have been accused of cheating by a player who was a bit too ignorant about what he was seeing. Some people who are just not very good at the game will be quick to yell CHEATER even though no cheating has taken place, just because they are on the wrong end of a beat down.

It would be nice if EA had a way of tracking cheating without actually relying on the community to point them out. I'd be pissed if I got a "Cheater" sticker next to my name because some newb labeled me incorrectly.