Old 03-25-2009, 07:42 PM   #153
monkeybutlerz
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Michael Young screen shot blog is up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillotine 1
Great great blog!

New features I notices from the pic that were not mewntioned in this thread yer are...

Eye black- If you look at the 2nd shot of Big Ben, he is wearing eye black.

Chin Straps- The chin straps are animated, if you look at Ben's helmet, he has enough strap sticking out to grab and pull down (unsnapping it). Just my opinion...but I certainly feel as if they animate in some way.

Dynamic lighting- If you look at the pic of Ben, you can see they have added an all new dynamic lighting system of some kind. The way the light functions within the interactive environment is unlike anything I've ever seen in Madden before...and I'm not talking about DOF either.

Jerseys- I swear the jerseys are animated to some kind of a degree, I could have sworn I saw an actual piece of a shoulder pad in the 1st screenshot. Well, based on this one I'm fairly certain that the jerseys will have some kind of ability to move.

I am completely blown away with the level of detail, and the broadsweeping scope & scale at which this design team has approach this years version of the game. Not onlty will we see a Madden that truely represents Next-Gen, we will see a video game that sets the bar for gaming standards well beyond the sporting genre.

We all come to these forums to talk, communicate, and share ideas. We all have hopes for what we think this game can become. We all have a vision, a idealogical concept of what we eventually want Madden NFL to be.

In the past, we all have had to come away with our heads down saying "Maybe next year." In the past, we all have come away with our hopes dashed saying "Maybe, next year will be the year."

Ladies & gentlemen, I am so happy to honestly say...this year is THE year. That game we all haved hoped to get...is finally in the making...and we all have been able to contribute (no matter how great or small) in its inception.

To the Dev. Team-

Thank you, thank you for hearing our voice & acting on the things we have communicated. Thank you for taking this great game back to its roots, and restoring our confidence in you & rewarding our (at times tough) love for this game with the greatest edition in its history.

Thank you for putting up with our complaining, bickering, and ill tempered rants. But more importantly, thank you for being able to take criticism & at times harshly pointed frustrations (no matter if they were valid or not).

Its been fun getting to know you guys (to the extent that we have), and good luck on the completion of what is shaping up to be the defining next-gen title to date. Your hard work is apprecaited.

Sincerely,
Izzy-
I'm a little late, but I think this is a great post. I'm not sure if it'll set the bar well beyond the sports genre, but I'm hoping (and I feel that this hope isn't blind) that this game can perhaps reach the bar set by The Show. There's no doubt in my mind that this game will be a massive improvement from the Maddens of Next-Gen (not necessarily a huge deal - not hating, just saying). That being said, I think it'll be pretty hard for it to be on par with games like Killzone 2, MGS4 or other top titles outside the sports genre (I know I used PS3 games, which is the system I own, I'll let someone with better knowledge of the 360 or Wii discuss their games if they feel the need).

Either way, I do feel that this finally is the year. We probably will be back here with wishlists again next year (we are a pretty picky bunch afterall), but I think that this time we'll be asking for refinement to certain aspects of the game as opposed to demands of the representation of fairly basic concepts of football. I think this is the year where we don't put our game away after two weeks (or trade it in) and that we can enjoy it for months on end.