Old 03-25-2009, 08:51 PM   #27
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Ian is getting owned by the computer in Madden NFL 10! /eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I like the enthusiasm but can we at least wait until we see VIDEO FOOTAGE of GAMEPLAY before the game is judged?
When I read statements like this i have 2 imediate reactions.

1.) I agree we shouldn't go overboard.

2.) We already have the footage for madden 10. It's madden 09. Ian has said that his team took 09 and began to work on it. The changes? The game is about 5% slower, the "speed up" animations are all GONE, there is jostling and all of the other updates.

Yes, this will make he new footage look different, but the same. All of the changes made for 10 are subtle with exception of Refs and chain gang as those are widly visable additions while playing. The players move better, they react better [or so we're told/shown]. The blog updates tell us right out that at this time we have Madden 09 2.0 if you will. As time goes by Madden 10 will become more and more it's own game that Madden 09 will look more like Madden 10 - Beta. I hope that makes sence.

It is not like we are going from Madden on the SNES to N64. We have the core game and the ANT system and Ian's crew are giving the game a much needed overhaul. New valves, a new hydrolic pump, gear ratios, a timing chain, etc.

Last edited by PGaither84; 03-25-2009 at 08:53 PM.