Old 03-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #35
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Madden 09 isn't so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael
just watched your video. what's your point exactly, madden 09 only sucks a little bit?

I am sick and tired of people complaining that you cant play a sim game on Madden 09 and that it is crap because there are things that you can do to exploite the game and wha wha.

When I see videos and comments about people complaining about geting intercepted by a MLB when who is 15 yards away from their intended target becasue they threw a bullet with lead up, i can't help but scream to myself "WHY DID YOU THROW A BULLET?!?" There are so many BAD Madden players out there who don't understand the finer points of the passing and running game and then when they do something wrong they blame the game.

I agree that the rocket catch is garbage. then I read how people want to throw jump balls and passes to Fitz like in the Panthers game, but Fitz was effectively ROCKET CATCHING. The real problem is that there is no effective counter to the rocket catch and that the rocket catch is too easy to perform. The Rocket Catch should require more skill by the user than turning around and holding Y when the ball is close. The Rocket Catch should also only be effecive with top notch recivers like Fitz aand Moss and the like. Defenders should also attack the jumping reciver and only the best ones should hold onto the ball when hit hard. As it stands the worst reciver in the game can do the Rocket Catch AND take the hit and hold on.

Players complain about the FB dive and the QB sneek. The QB sneek has no real counter short of a player mistake or a fumble. the other problem is that real NFL QBs try to fall/push forward and go down. in madden they just take the ball and run for it, not dive. the FB dive was broken becasue of the things Ian described and I am sure they are fixed. the FB dive is a powerful short yardage play in real life. It is just TOO good in 09.

So many times i see "Oh people do unrealistic things in madden and that makes the game unrealistic." yes it is the games fault that many people online think they are Fran Tarkington. The flaw is that QBs shouldn't be as accurate as Fran Tarkington. That, and the playmaker stick is too strong. When people do un-sim things, un-sim things happen, CRAZY!

When you try to play a sim game and un-sim things happen, ie.; collision detection problems, then there is a problem. People will exploit the artificial intellegence to get an advantage.

One of the videos I watched, the player threw a terrible bullet pass adn the reciver had to slow down and spin to make the catch. The user then was complaining that speed means nothing and hat his player was in good position and that madden cheated him on the play and on and on. Never once realizing that he hrew the WRONG pass and that somenice touch on the ball would have led his reciver in stride and he would have scored. his mistake, not Madden's. Madden did what it was told. throw a hard low pass and that altered the timming of the play and the route screwing him up. but obvously that's the games fault he told it to do that.

We have been brought up in other games of madden to think that you shoudl lay hard on the sprint and to bullet most every pass. This isn't the case anymore and you need to stop yelling at EA and the Madden crew becasue it doesn't work like that anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove