View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 AM   #9
Netherscourge
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: I have done a complete 180 on my excitement for Madden 2010

The new Depth Visuals are cool - they should make the CPU vs. CPU games look more like a TV presentation, which is one of my wishes.

I'm just worried they are working too much on the Visual Depth and not enough on the other Presentation issues, like transitions and atmosphere.

I want more "TV-style presentation" going on, like better commentary, more fan footage and more sideline footage.

Living sidelines would be nice, instead of just dead-pan players standing in one spot the entire time not reacting to anything, including players running right at them as they go out of bounds.

I don't like the camera cutting after each play - I want the on-field stuff to be continuous. I want to see players running of the field and coming on the field, huddling up, QB's yelling at the sidelines for the play to come in - even if it's being overlaid by the playcalling menu... I want it to be fluid and continuous.

I hate breaks in the on-field stuff. I hate the screen going black after each play and just seeing a big playcalling screen with nothing else happeneing. It's like one second you're on the field, the next second you're on a box with a playbook. The crowd's gone, the players are gone... it kills the immersion.