View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #48
monkeybutlerz
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 09 isn't so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
I am sick and tired of people complaining that you cant play a sim game on Madden 09 and that it is crap because there are things that you can do to exploite the game and wha wha.

When I see videos and comments about people complaining about geting intercepted by a MLB when who is 15 yards away from their intended target becasue they threw a bullet with lead up, i can't help but scream to myself "WHY DID YOU THROW A BULLET?!?" There are so many BAD Madden players out there who don't understand the finer points of the passing and running game and then when they do something wrong they blame the game.
The problem here is there is no middle ground. If you try and put some touch on your passes, it's going to shoot up in the air and hang up there forever giving a chance to the defense to catch up (I think they've rectified this for Madden 10). Watch players like Cutler or Joe Flacco, they hit a lot of intermediate passes and they put a lot of heat on their throws. You can throw a hard pass without it traveling in a direct line, but this wasn't really possible in Madden 09. Getting picked off by a LB when your WR is running up the seam of a cover 2 defense is annoying when you're trying to lead him. If you try and lob it, the safeties will have time to recover, if you throw the bullet, it might not get over the LB. I'm pretty sure one of the blogs Ian put out acknowledged this problem and is fixing it. It's not necessarily USER stupidity, it's an acknowledged flaw by the development team.