View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #95
Rocky
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
This is an interesting point of view. I think it's fair to clarify that this communication has nothing to do with "EA". This is 100% our own doing, not some brilliant marketing or PR ploy. To be frank, our PR and marketing teams plus our executive staff didn't want us here at all...it is a scary notion that we're talking about the game so openly and also making changes so regularly.
I was kinda half-joking when I made that statement. I have no idea what goes on in the EA marketing department. I do know that EA is a multi-billion dollar corporation with a great marketing department (in an sneaky, underhanded yet brilliant kind of way). If this was a marketing ploy by EA, than it was a good one and your marketing team should be commended. Maybe one of you guys have a future in that one day.

Many developers have probaly wanted to interact with the base more often. I can only imagine it being frustrating to hear grown men bash you product unmercifully without having the slightest clue with all that goes on. Credit goes to you guys for taking the initiative to do this.

I do think a segment if us find it disingenuous to put out a screen with DOF or refs or chain gangs or towels when either a) it has been done before by another game or b) and even worse, it has been done by the same game on the last generation of consoles. Traditionally, you don't hype those things up. Traditionally, you sneak those things in while hoping that people don't tar and feather for taking so long to put it in.

We don't have no problem with the screens themselves. They're gorgeous shots. Just the gaga over things that should have been in the game eons ago. But the vast majority of people seem to like those sort of things....just call me when we have realistic routes tied to QB drops in the passing game, defenders who can't run from one side of the field to the other without obeying the laws of physics, after 15 years the death of suction blocking, etc. And those things won't be resolved in my mind until I actually get the game. That's at least my pessimistic mind state.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove