View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #181
countryboy
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netherscourge
It's weird how it turns out.

The last-gen version of Madden is polished to almost-near perfection; however, it's graphics are outdated and the hardware it runs on can't support any further upgrades. Ps2's and Xbox's are also on the way out anyway, if not already done.

Meanwhile, Next-Gen is here and it's like they had to strip down the stuff from last-gen just to get the game working on this gen's hardware. Now they are slowly adding back the old stuff and trying to incorporate some new stuff based on the new hardware, but it's so slow in coming.

As mentioned above, by time Madden get's to where it should be on this generation's hardware, the Xbox 720 and PS4 will be hitting shelves and then the developers will have to take two steps back AGAIN...

It's like there's always something stuck in the wheel.
actually the reason Madden fell so far behind the 8-ball was because they tried to re-build everything from the ground up instead of porting over what they already had in place(ie: The Show series, NBA 2k series).

I would be very surprised that once the next hardware hits the shelves, if EA doesn't just use what they have and build upon it, instead of "starting from scratch".

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove