View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #193
RGiles36
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
It's funny how the EA and Ian supporters come and complain about the "haters" telling them how happy they can be, but 9 times out of 10 when I see someone getting attacked on these boards it's because they didn't agree with what the supporters were saying and not the other way around. You make a simple statement like "Man that screenshot doesn't mean that gameplay has improved. We get a great screenshot early every year." Without fail two posts later one of these "internet thugs" comes with that age old post "man get a life loser, you can't tell us how happy to be be. You fricking ***" That $#!t is comical to me.
I disagree with this Fade. I'm certainly not accusing you of lying, but can you show me a post on this board where an "EA/Ian Supporter & Optimist" called you or any other pessimist a name or was attacking in their tone?

See, I actually see this the other way around. When the pessimists are confronted with a debate, they're QUICK to start name-calling. Us optimists are called everything from sheep, to dummies, to being compared to battered wives, etc. And that's just the clean stuff that's said.

The pessimists in my opinion turn this into a black & white board: you either have your doubts about the game, or you're "creaming your pants" for it. The pessimists pretty much eliminate the middle ground. So anything positive that's said about the game is defined as being gullible, having low expectations, or setting yourself up for disappointment etc instead of those comments simply being taken for the compliments that they are.