View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #8
Bumble14
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25
I think that is a very shortsighted statement DC. In fact, I couldn't disagree with you more on it.

Anyone who is a diehard, "real", sportsgamer shows a lot of respect to Nintendo for what they've contributed to the genre as a whole. Without Nintendo there wouldn't be any console gaming. Have a little respect to the elder consoles that started this whole sports gaming trend we enjoy today.

I'm also not really understanding the notion that people would not be interested in a solid Nintendo Wii sports title because "Next Gen games are taking over". Why does it matter?

A solid sports title is a solid sports title. It shouldn't matter how good the graphics of a game are, or how realistic the sweat beads off a players forehead- the only thing that should matter is rock solid gameplay. That's what the article is all about- because Nintendo is all about solid gameplay- and maybe all of us serious sports gamers should stop being so enamored with the aesthetics mentioned above, and start focusing back on core gameplay.