View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #242
Pro Bowler
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Just 4 months ago...I think we're turning a corner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
actually the reason Madden fell so far behind the 8-ball was because they tried to re-build everything from the ground up instead of porting over what they already had in place(ie: The Show series, NBA 2k series).

I would be very surprised that once the next hardware hits the shelves, if EA doesn't just use what they have and build upon it, instead of "starting from scratch".
This is the most ridiculous excuse I have heard in my life, PLEASE STOP! How many years in ADVANCE do you think EA had to work on next gen Madden? Stop acting like Microsoft and Sony dropped off a 360 and PS3 a couple of months before it went retail.

The developers can can talk this BS about redoing eveything till they turn blue in the face, but the fact is they just did a facelift on a old engine that's been here since the PS1. Wow, we got 3D stadiums, big effin deal.

Let's don't froget what happen to EA when the PS was released. EA was stuck standing around like a deer in the headlights. Their old garbage couldn't compete and they didn't even release a game the 1st year.

As far as turnning a corner, I don't think so. The fact still remains that EA thinks a Madden that plays like the Flintstones is a good game. How in the hell can you make a football game that's based on contact and not have a proper physics engine in place? How many years did it take to get gang tackles? Now we have gang tackles that look like an after thought and goofy big hits that look like Dino jumping on Fred.

The BOTTOM LINE is....

EA could care less about the older gamers, the gamers who made them what they are today, the gamers who know what this game could be and should be by now. Why do you think we have Easy Play and this Madden IQ BS? EA knows that the little kids are their future and as long as they can play it who cares if it resembles football or not.

Last edited by Pro Bowler; 03-28-2009 at 01:13 PM.