View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #9
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Superstar Mode - Take IT, Or Leave It??

To me superstar is unplayable and has horrid presentation at this point. I used to play it on my XBox with NCAA 08 and Madden 08 doing the campus legend and superstar bits. It was struggle to want to keep it up, but at least the campus legend part was fun. the Madden superstar presentation was bad becasue you really only delt with football, while NCAA had you going to parties and studing and so forth.

Part of my problem is that you would get blamed for a play going poorly and boosted for a positive play no matter how you performed. I love to play defense and I would play all the positions (D-Line, Backer, and Defensive Back). I fill my gaps, cover my guy and what not but is joe blow can't tackle or do his job, I take a hit in my influence? Nnamdi Asomugha of the Raiders is the best corner in football right now and the NFL says QBs only tested him 31 times last year. If you cover as good as Nnamdi and the computer goes somewhere else adn F-Tard DB gives up big plays, you take a hit and that isn't right.

There needs a better system to gain and lose influence and the result of the play shouldn't be the end-all be-all. A personality ratting and maybe some dialog options ala Head Coach need to be concidered. I would realyl like it if there was a version of superstar that was LIKE head coach but from the player's perspective. There also needs to be an off-the-field life. I don't expect or really want cut sceens or any thing, but an idea of going to parties like Adam Jonesor staying home to study film like Manning would alter your experiance. Staying home to study affects your popularity, but going to parties can have negative effects - i don't expect Adam Jones style because of the NFL wanting a clean image, but more along the lines of Awareness or what ever major skill like Man coverage or play recognition takes a dive as you neglect your responciblities.

Maybe this is all in madden 09. I just know that the system is broken and not much fun to play at all so I stop shortly after I start. This is yet anothe r example of why Madden needs a good instruction booklet.