View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
PacMan3000
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Idea for Rookies In Franchise

Going along with what you said about big name players being cut...in general, I'd like to feel more pressure in franchise mode. If I'm getting ready to start a young, 2nd year QB for my team, I'd love to see the press dog me out for my decision. I'd like to see a Sportscenter or NFL Network type reporter/commentator say that my job is now on the line. I'd like to see coaches within my staff not happy about it and hear fans calling up a local radio station calling for my head.

With this pressure, you as a gamer would feel it. You would sense that your decision TRULY was not just an important aspect to whether your team succeeds or fails, but that other people have thoughts on your decisions, too. If your QB is a success, maybe you get a new contract, or a FA is more likely to sign with your team, or more position coaches are willing to come to your team, etc. If your QB fails, maybe the team loses confidence in you as a head coach, or maybe you're even fired.

I think a high/low stakes game within franchise mode when it came to pivotal decision making would be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove