View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
Valdarez
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Ian, Do you guys scout each player to make them like there real life counterparts

Each player, tell me you didn't honestly ask that question Hitman. The word 'intern' comes to mind for something like this...

In the past I don't think this has been all that important as there wasn't much that separated their players overall. They all pretty much felt the same. With the new changes going into play however, the numbers are going to mean a whole lot more.

For my money, I wish they'd get rid of the numbering scheme altogether, and use real world analysis ratings. Like a grading system for Speed Burner, Route Running and so forth, and the NFL combine results as their rookie year stats for 40 time, bench and so forth. I'm not sure how real coaches do it, but I think a rating system such as A+ for Speed, B- at route running and so forth, or even the scouting system they use for identifying prospective rookies with full descriptive paragraphs that could be easily summed up somehow.

Seeing 99 and 95 just seems unauthentic and lazy on the part of the developers. Show me on Sunday where we see a match up of numbers like that in a NFL game. Or any time for that matter. Every game has numbers behind it, the only game you should see numbers is an RPG. I don't know how fast Sonic is compared to Mario, or whether Tails can out jump Luigi, and I don't need to see that Randy moss is a 99 Speed or TO is a 75 Catching/Hands.
Advertisements - Register to remove