Re: Kingspadee- my real answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudias
Yikes this is a weird thread
Heres the story behind it -
Hello Ian and the rest of Operation Sports,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
My name is Chris. I have been an avid Madden player, however, like most people have felt that Madden has become more of a joke than an actual game.

I even convinced a friend on Xbox Live to go get ESPN 2K5 so we can play. And lately I even gave up online since after moving up to level 8 most people I play now - well are complete bums that are rewarded. So what we have done is been using our Franchise teams to play unranked matches - and normally we stop playing half way through because of the laughable A.I.

Well thankfully I see FB Dive is being fixed and QB Sneak is as well...or at least I think I read Ian is fixing this. If you go into Madden 09 get to the goalline. For accurate results do this multiple times. Get inside the 5 and run FB Dive or QB Sneak hell run whatever play you like. See how many times say out of 20 times you get in. Go pop in ESPN 2K5 and run the same thing - post results.

Me and my friend who I spoke of earlier we were amazed at how "Maddenized" we were. While playing ESPN 2K5 we would see 4th and goal at the 3 and say "going to go for it because well it's guranteed (forgetting we are playing a pretty sim-like football game)" And by some miracle we are stopped. It's awesome playing a game and not knowing for a fact you have yourself a touchdown.

Now for awhile I have been just reading on here - but finally decided that it is time to post my opinions here and hope to hear something back.

I am hoping you guys can finally make the QB Sneak - a QB Sneak. I know there may be complications with it and understand - I'd rather have a fix for it and not a new implication for it and it is even cheesier than it is now. But hopefully we can have OL vs DL ratings be a big part for it.

You have the Feetwork, Strength, and run block abilities as well as shed blocking, ect. How about the QB Sneak being an automatic dive thing. Where you call hike and your QB dives forward and you can push X or some button to as you guys say it "fight for every yard" but in this case - inch. So if you have a DL that is superb in Strength and Shed Blocks - then obviously it would be near impossible for getting that extra inch.

Another thing I think that really needs to be added is - QB Evade. It sucks when you see a defender coming after you but there is no real way to try to get away other than throw it away or pray you get a broken tackle. QB Evade was in 2005 for ESPN. This could also make for great moments for the game.....think Eli Manning in the Super Bowl. "Oh snap I got 2 defenders coming at me....wait GREAT EVADES" and then your friend watches in awe as you throw a pass to a wide open Chris Cooley and he gets inside the 20 for you with mere seconds on the clock to call a timeout and kick the winning FG in overtime in your online Franchise mode.

Another point I would like to make. I was very angry this past year - while reading your wordings for the Online Leagues - I was thinking pretty much like a season mode.....I even made a website and actually got 32 people to join. I was all set for the Online League...then found out it is a tournament......

I was pissed. So please can we have ONLINE FRANCHISE! I mean NCAA had Online Dynasties - so why a year later - Madden is still lacking this. This is a huge mode for me.

Also Ian - I know you are playing ESPN 2K5 so we can no longer compare Madden to it. Well here are some key features that should be implemented.

*The half-time, pre-game, post-game, weekly franchise updates and highlights...but since here we are what 4-5 years later? It should be ALOT more in depth. Have a moment in Franchise mode where in the playcall screen they have an update for a game (think Week 17 and your fighting for the Wild Card Spot vs another team..and that team just made a possible game winning touchdown)
*The stats layouts. I love how ESPN shows your Passing Breakdown and what your stats are for each part of the field. For example: 1/2 in the left flats 4/4 in the right flats 3/8 (3 INT) in the middle of the field...ect
Or the same thing with the running game.
*QB Evade
*Challenges - nothing worse than wanting to challenge a fumble - but I get ball spot.

SPEAKING of challenges - why am I NOT able to Challenge when a pass is caught in the endzone? Too many times I am not able to - and someone gets a free touchdown that I think was clearly questionable.

I know your going to be updating on Momentum - but hopefully this is fixed - too many times I will break a tackle and have that shoulder shrug break tackle animation and go backwards then get tackled....but I lose the yardage? I really hope your forward progress is fixed. It is horrible as it is right now.

I also want to ask - will this finally be the year where the top guy on your leaderboards - IS THE TOP GUY? Have you guys ever watched these guys play? It is simply the top glitcher will win. I have gone to some Madden Tournaments - and it disgusts me on how cheap people are.

Look this is getting long - but hopefully you took the moment to read this and please comment on some or even PM me.

But so far - your making me feel as you guys CARE about us the fans and not just the $$$$$$$
And here is Adem's response/first post in the thread -
Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ment-read.html