Old 03-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #15
SouthernBrick

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: The Shawne Merriman Celebration will be in madden 10 after a sack/Half sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
The improtant part that Ian said that many people sem to be missing is that:

"We did have it working for sack animations but I don't know if the camera always followed him so we'll make sure to fix that."

There are other animations for sacks but the camera will often just not follow that player. This is another issue with presentation and I am glad to see Ian has followed up on this, though i am a litle upset that it had to take a OS member to bring this to his attention this late [march is late?] in the production. I would think that when working of presentation and giving us that TV broadcast feeling, this would be amoung the top things to concider. A TD celebration is just as improtant as a sack in my opinion. Sacks are often drive ending and game changing plays. For example Brady was only sacked 5 times in the super bowl tht is once per quarter and once more on the final 30sec *which wass garbage time anyway* and we all know what kind of an impact each sack had on the out come of that game. We also konw how big of a deal it is to be sacked and the next play get a first down. A defense is SO deflated becasue they not only gave up the first, but the sack "ment nothing."

Lastly, if a player gets only ONE sack per game, he will have 16 on the year and that is a GREAT year. Sacks are about as rare as Scores *a little more common at times* and, again, alter the game almost as much. Just ask Peyton Manning and his playoff games against SD and NE. When Manning goes down, so do the Colts chances.

Even though it was literally in the game after a sack to me it wasn't in the game b/c I couldn't see it. All I could see when it did turn to merriman was his hand in the air and his feet rubbing the ground, but thats all going to change.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 03-29-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove