View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
PacMan3000
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs,

Good points. One of the many things that franchise is in dire need of is the feeling that you as a gamer/coach are constantly needing to make big decisions. And that the decisions you make have weight.

There's no weight to the decisions in franchise mode. You gotta cut that Haynesworth-esque defensive tackle due to money concerns? Nope, the salary cap is just fine.

You traded away your starting safety? No problem, the draft logic is broken, therefore while other teams are drafting three QB's in one draft class, a first round caliber safety will fall to you in the 2nd or 3rd round.

You went 4-12? No big deal, no players get upset and force trades or hold out. No one is upset because you aren't allowing them to hit their incentives in therefore make more money.

There's no big decisions in franchise mode.

The best franchise mode I played was NFL 2K5 (I think it was 2K5). I remember that, at many times during franchise mode, the cap would get VERY tight on me. To the point where I realized two things:

1) I can't just sign anyone I want to a huge contract without mortgaging my future and being in salary cap hell.

2) I was going to have to release or trade a highly productive player because he was simply killing my team financially. I didn't WANT to do it, but the tough decision had to be made.