View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 04:42 PM   #53
SouthernBrick

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: The Shawne Merriman Celebration will be in madden 10 after a sack/Half sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
The only thing I want to see Shawn Merriman doing in the game that would increase the "realism" is peeing into a damn cup and then hitting the suspension list...

His "dance" is a ridiculous nod to gang violence and thug life (firing an imaginary "gun" in the air after a sack is not celebration, it is pre-meditated endorsement of the act being parodied, and to anyone who has lost a family member to stray bullets fired indiscrimately in the air it is a slap in the face).

I know that an acknowledged steroids user may actually be truly in support of drug and gun culture, but to glorify it in a game with as many missing details as the Madden franchise BEFORE fixing the other things would be a grave mistake...

Just my $0.02...glorifying cheaters and poor character people is not in the best long term interests of anyone - whether it is an individual team, EA, the NFL or anyone else...

So your just a hipocrite, I garentee if merriman was getting traded to any team he would be happily accepted regaurdless of what he's done b/c he's that good. If Merriman was going to the rams I'd bet you would like him then...Exactly stop hatin!!!

I don't see how its relating to gang violence, b/c I seriously doubt that gang members go around doing the shawne merriman dance and his fists are clinched not pointing as if shooting a gun in the air.

why in the hell would it have anything to do with shooting a gun, do you really think the NFL/EA would allow a celebration that has to do with gang violence.

Thats why you only have $0.02...idiot

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 03-30-2009 at 04:45 PM.