View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:07 AM   #106
kehlis

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Soccer is hard for americans to enjoy [much like hooky, or soccer on ice] because there is no real break in the acion and it is very hard to tell who is "winning" becasue there arn't really any real stats to track like YPC and completion % and ERA and FG shooting % and so forth. Americans fans are also driven by numbers and talking about who the "greatest" is. Honestly, I can't remember seing a "stat" for soccer other than goals. Please correct me if I am wrong here.
I know you meant well with this post but I just wanted to say that I hate this generalization.

If you've ever been to a hockey city, you would know this isn't true at all. A majority of people who have actually sat down and gave hockey a legitimate shot love it.

If you don't enjoy it and your friends don't enjoy it, it doesn't mean American's don't enjoy it.

I don't know how we got to the point where many people claim AMERICANS don't like hockey or soccer but it isn't fair. There is a huge influx of Americans who have become soccer fans over recent years and if you have ever been to Pittsburgh or Detroit (to name a few) you would know it is unfair to say they don't like hockey.

Now, I realize neither sport is nearly as popular as the mainstream sports, but i think it is unfair to generalize American's as a group of people who don't enjoy soccer or hockey because there is a good majority that do.

Last edited by kehlis; 03-31-2009 at 01:10 AM.