View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:35 AM   #112
kehlis

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Honestly, "all-ism" is bad anytime. In regards to the "majority" Hockey, to my understanding isn't even in the top 3 sports in America. I mean no disrespect. My understanding is that Football, basketball, baseball are the big 3 and that NASCAR is actually #4. I don't mean in any way to put down Hockey or Soccer, unlike other people, but I did want to talk about how you are far more likely to find an NFL fan than a NHL fan in any non pro-sport city.

Again, back to the point I was really tryignto make, was that American Football [Highschool, college and NFL] have a greater appeal to the American psychee than all of the other sports and that all of the "top 3" are also sports that are accessable to the average TV viewer. Soccer, like Hocky, in my opinion are much more enjoyable lIVE than they are on TV. The same is true for baseball and PLAYING golf. I really don't think that Soccer translates well to television, in my opinion, regardless of the rattings becasue, in my opinion, the rattings are drvin by the games MASS appeal to the world as a whole because of it's histopry as much as anything else.
Right, I agree with everything you said and you are correct (although I had never heard that NASCAR was 4th but I will take your word for it and not be too surprised).

Like I said I know you meant well and didn't mean to put down any sport.

I just wanted to clarify it isn't fair to justify these sports as something American's in general don't enjoy because there really are quite a few that do (even though they don't fall into the top 3 or 4).