View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 01:50 AM   #115
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Is Madden the most popular sport game in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdsooner
Yea soccer is easy to play. So is pretty much any sports I have ever tried. Easy to play does not mean easy to master. Golf is easy to play (swing club, hit ball, put in hole) but for some reason a couple hundred professionals have a tough time beating Tiger each week. You can say playing the O-line is easy to play at the beginning level. Find the fat kid and tell him to hit the guy in front of him.
I HARDLY ment soccer being easy to play as an insult but rather a complement ot the logevity to the sport. I am not the only one to say this. When soccer fans talk about the "beauty" of the game they talk about how you just need a few kids and a ball and you have a game you can play anywhere. In a gym, in a street, in your backyard.

Football and Soccer are apples and oranges. You can't really compare why one tastes better than the other becasue they don't taste at all the same. Soccer's simplicity is one of it's strengths. I agree with you completely that it is a HARD game to master. Easy to learn, hard to master. Conversely, Football is hardot even learn.

Football hasa steep learning curve to it. In order to play a pick up game of Football you pretty much have to pass only. In a small pickup game you already have to creat house rules and such. For example, counting "Mississippi" and no scrambling or what ever. Two hand touch, or flags, of full contact?

Soccer, again, you can not even speak the same language and know how to play and have fun. regardless, I don't enjoy it. I also don't like baseball [too slow for my taste.]