View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 02:07 PM   #14
CreatineKasey
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Change the Kicking System

I love the kicking system in APF 2k8. It is very difficult and it's not a guarantee. With a bad kicker the slightest miss will yield a hooked FG. Having no barometer to visually go off of makes kicking always a bit random from a human standpoint. It isn't random in results, if you kick it spot on you will make it. People feel like the CPU is screwing them but in reality they are missing their mark, even if it is a small margin.

Once you get the system down you nail FG's with bad kickers at about a 75% clip which is very reasonable! 50 yard FG's are hard, as they should be with the APF system. Legend kickers (top tier kickers) pound 50 yarders with relative ease and make a huge difference.

It'd be nice to see some variance in kickoff distance. I'm not convinced every NFL team has a kicker who can blast it into the endzone for touchbacks. This variance should be visible in madden.

People hate the 2k kicking system because of it's limited feedback and difficulty. I feel that's what makes it great.