View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 02:33 PM   #43
stux
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Will this be the year in Franchise where we will be ASKED for trades, hold-outs,

My worry with this is that it will wind up totally unrealistic.

Take Chad Johnson (or should I say Ocho) he tried to get traded and even though he cried and moaned and complained, where is he at?

In your 0-16 example there are plenty of good players that have been on bad teams that haven't refused to play - remember they are legally bound. They may say they are going to and maybe miss a game but eventually those fines are going to hurt and they like money and have bills to pay.

The trade AI in head coach I think was exaggerated. For example, I tried trading a QB rated 89 who was pretty young, 25, for and 30 year old player rated 83 (a backup QB) and the CPU wanted my player a 3rd round pick, and a 7th round pick. My GM's was only missing one more lvl to max in the game. That is totally absurd. There were also a number of number 2 Qbs (drafted 1st round and hadn't played in 4 years) that I went after in the low 80's and the CPU wouldn't even talk about a trade. The bottom line is almost any team with trade a backup player for a better player or enough draft picks.

In the NFL there aren't THAT many trades a year and few of those involve big name players. A lot of big name players stay on the same team thier entire career or atleast until thier hay day is over.

Also, there typically aren't that many great FA players in any given year. I can't recall the last QB or HB that went into FA that was a great proven player, with no major injuries, in thier prime of thier career. You see a lot of lineman, WR here or there, and top payed defensive players. It is usually the over payed bunch that gets dropped.