View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 03:26 PM   #23
thunt52
Rookie

thunt52's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Change the Kicking System

I am so glad this is being discussed...This is somewhat of a game killer for me...You never see any misses, blocks, bad snaps, or any of the stuff you see in real life...granted kickers make their kicks more often than not in the NFL (NCAA definitely needs this system I will expain), but I can't remember the last time I saw a block, bad snap, or any of those things...

I think the way to fix both field goals and punts (without getting too complicated) is to incorporate snapping the football...The snap should directly impact the success of your kick...Pro snapper are really damn good and you don't see too many bad snaps, but they happen...the snap also affects the timing of the kick...a less than average snap has a greater chance of being blocked or missed...A snap could be judged by something as simple as a 3-click bar or somehow incorporate the analog sticks...

I also agree with a poster before me talking about taking the power out all together...All NFL kickers can kick for power, but it really boils down to accuracy...this can easily be done by keeping the system the way it is (pulling back on the right analog stick then up), but holding the right analog stick up until the kicker kicks the ball...if you release the analog stick at the exact moment your kicker kicks the ball...it goes where you aim...if you release a little early...you miss it to either side (depending on how far early/late you were)...Again to incorporate the snap, the better the snap, the more give you have during your release...

Sorry for the long post...what do you guys think?

By the way, does Ian ever look at stuff like this?