View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:27 PM   #37
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Still working on the mechanics for this.

What would you guys like to see? How would you like to 'fight' for the fumble if the situation is applicable?
Based on what litle information we have at this time, here is my idea situation and presentation for a "scrum" for the football:

The ball is out and all the O-line, QB, FB go straight for an automatic "dive" for the ball as these postitions are told to just dive on it and hold on for dear life. Backs, linebackers and defensive backs are often TOLD to do the same but many try to do a scoop and scoot in part becasue some of them really can't survive a scrum and many are fast enough they feel they can score with the ball in either direction.

When it does turn into a dog pile I think that the first playe to recover the ball should have to make like 3 or 5 quick rattings checks againt strength and carry skills. Often times a linebacker does adn should win at the botom of these piles when faced against QBs and HBs and so forth. I do NOT like button mashing at all. If for no other reason, it gives the advantage to the player with a turbo controler. Also, as said before I do not like the arcade feeling of button mashing.

Somethingg else thathas to be concidered is when it is obvoius who recovered the football and the ability to challenge that. There are times when the B gets the ball back and then is jumped on and he clearly had control and was "touched down" and the scrum would no longer effect the outcome of who retains posetion. The scrum should come into effect when there isn't a clear cut case of who has the ball.

I think that like real life we should just have to wait and see what the officials determine. There are too many players doing to many things to get the ball that it isn't fair for the user to control all of the action. there are times in football whre things come down to a little luck.

Again, I think a few hidden skill checks should factor into the result.

Well that's my take.