View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybutlerz
If you want to take that approach, there's nothing "sim" about playing football with a controller in your living room either. Button Mashing would represent a struggle, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
Button mashing rewards only the player who has a turbo controller and not skill. Stick skills and timming are part of playing madden. Button mashing is not. There is a destinct difference here.

I have ot ask you an honest question, and that is if you have ever had to play against someone who uses a turbo controller online in any situation that was button mashing contest?

My former room mate and I had MLB 2k5 and there was a feature where you could tapp the A button to see if you hit a home run or not that both palyers fought over on a awild pitch you may, or may not have hit out of the park. it was excitting, but my friend is a god at mashing buttons. he went online and after he won two of these matches, his opponant stated using a turbo controler and won each contest with ease. Latter the guy sent a message saying he only used a turbo becasue we were using one... my friend is that good, and he was keeping up with the turbo, it's insane to see really.

I don't want madden to have moments like this and am glad they do not so far.

I am open to the RE4 style of random button asignments you have ot time well and who ever does a better job before the officials pull the scrum apart wins. I just don't like it. I want the game to decide.