View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #61
monkeybutlerz
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Button mashing rewards only the player who has a turbo controller and not skill. Stick skills and timming are part of playing madden. Button mashing is not. There is a destinct difference here.
This is my main problem with what seems to be the #1 anti-button mashing argument. You do not build your game around avoiding problems with turbo controllers. You build it for the basic system. I'm all for taking away the advantages that cheesers may have, but not at the risk of not utilizing the best available control scheme.

It's not like these scrums are going to happen on every play either, it might happen once a season for all we know. If there's a stick skill solution that makes sense, I wouldn't be opposed to it. I'm just saying I'm not going to go against button mashing because some people have turbo controllers.

And I personally don't understand the argument that hitting buttons is "arcade". I understand that gameplay elements that don't reflect the game of football isn't "sim", but I don't see the argument against pushing buttons. I have good stick skills, but I've always interpreted that as my use of the controller as a whole (not excluding the buttons themselves). Last time I checked, arcade games have sticks too. They're different types of skills, but being able to hit a button faster than another is a skill, just like manipulating a stick is a skill. I don't get the difference, but maybe it's just me.

I also said in my post that ratings should somewhat play a part. If a little dude gets the ball and no one's close, I don't want to see a big guy take it away. I don't mind some luck being involved either with balls squirting out (sounds bad, I know). But I think if it's a 50/50 ball and you have a lineman and a CB, then the lineman should have somewhat of an advantage and the CB would have to really dominate the button mashing or stick skill whatever type of control scheme you want to use to obtain the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove