View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
SwayGod53
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Your Best Madden Experience (Any Year)

Since I didn't start playing Madden until after they secured the license, my favorite would be Madden 09.

Since I have a franchise with three other friends, I would say we have had more than a few fun moments in our 12 seasons.

A couple of fun highlights:

- Drafted a 6'7 TE in the 7th round of the draft, Donny Otto was his name. Started with a 67 rating but I fell in love with his pass catching abilities. Kept getting him the ball and he keeps catching it, he became a mid 80's TE after about 4-5 seasons and now in his 11th season he is an 88 which is actually I believe 4th best TE in the league right now. He also made a huge catch in our only SB win, see below.

- We discovered the pitch button during one of our game nights and we were playing a team (don't remember which one). We're down 14-3 just before the half and the comp fumbles. My brother picks it up and my friend and I are trailing him all alone, literally all three of us running towards the endzone. My brother decides to get cute and pitches the ball backwards, which goes past my friend and I who are still running. We turn around to get the ball but a trailing defender picks it up. They end up scoring on that drive to go up 21-3. Needless to say we don't really use the pitch button anymore.

- Our crowning moment was in year 5 of our franchise, when we played the 49ers in the Super Bowl. It was a tight game and we were losing late in the game, down 10-3 I believe. We are driving late, and we end up 4th down and 8 on the 10 yard line. We NEED to get at least a first down. My friend drops back, looks, and hits our TE Donny Otto on a slant for a 9 yard gain. We saved the replay because it actually looked like Otto was fighting forward to try and get in the endzone. We punched it in the next play and tied the game up at 10. Their offense takes the field and we are holding them pretty good. There was 13 seconds left in the game, and I was able to jump the route on a strike to their WR, I picked it off and rumbled 40 yards to score with about 6 seconds left. We had finally won the SUPER BOWL!

- I shed a tear the day my created LB retired. He was 24 and played 11 seasons before hanging them up. He was a first ballot HOF player and always played better than his rating (83).

There are still plenty of fun moments to be had, as we attempt to complete our franchise before M10 comes out.