View Single Post
Old 04-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #127
Cryolemon
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Could we please have more info on fight for the fumble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
This is what I'd like to see...

Once the ball comes out, you have control of your selected player ONLY until the ball is contacted.

After the ball is contacted, you no longer have control of your players as the camera zooms out to show the scurry for the ball.

With the camera still zoomed out, we should see players jumping around the pile pointing in their favor (although, they really can't tell who has the ball. Just like in real life.)

Who recovers the ball should be random as someone already suggested, but I'll add that the team with the most players around the ball should have a greater chance of gaining possession.

The booth now takes over as they discuss what just occurred as we see a replay of the pile up. Not the fumble.

During their discussion the crowd either cheers or boos as the camera zooms in on the player that recovers the ball.

You still have an option to challenge the fumble if it isn't in to your advantage.
This is the best idea I've seen amid what basically amounts to 13 pages of repetition.

Completely random isn't the answer, neither should it be completely based on ratings. Some combination of those factors, ratings and random chance would be the best plan.

Now, to post briefly about what seems to be the main point in this thread. Personally I'm not against button mashing per se, but the points made about it being exploited are pretty valid too. I must say I actually like how 2k did the tackle breaking thing, it wasn't intrusive, and it worked.

Can Ian or someone else say whether it is possible during online games to work out if someone is using a turbo controller (maybe by checking for unrealistically short gaps between button presses?)?

If that is possible, it gives a very easy answer to the cheese, if not, then I'm still not against button mashing solely for that reason. As was said in an earlier post, turbo controllers are hardly ten-a-penny these days, so it isn't a huge problem.

I also think there should be as many pile up animations (and possible outcomes) as possible.