View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #97
FadeEmAll
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

@Watcher

You make some good and reasonable statements and I tend to agree with you on many of the issues but I think you are minimizing the role franchise and other side novelties play in the game. I'm also not sure if Madden sales are continuing to go up as you state or are actually remaining at a consistent level or even decreasing, we would have to look at numbers on that issue. Now that I also see aren't a "offline franchise" person either I understand I'm dealing with an unbiased person.

With respect to side novelties, I think these are the issues which contribute to shift in positive or negative sales for the game. A game with better on and off line franchise will sell more due to the people interested in only that aspect of the game. The "play-now" crowd will continue to buy the game no matter what is released, which is why Madden continues to be successful to this day. in truth very few changes are needed each year to make Madden successful, for the simple fact that people will buy the only football game out. I hate to say it but it's obvious the game-play crowd is really not that big of an influence either, because people have been screaming for years, and to me the game has gotten no better as far as that is concerned. In all truth the only thing Madden improves on each year is graphics and animations, because that is all 95% of crowd cares about, graphics and updated rosters. anything else is secondary.

Last edited by FadeEmAll; 04-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.