Old 04-02-2009, 03:02 PM   #119
StormJH1
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guffers
I managed to get 5 post patch innings in before and was pleasantly suprised to see that the game plays like baseball now! The aggression has been sorted out and I didn't notice the 1st base glitch. Although I did have outfielders misplay 2 fly balls, both costing multiple runs. I'm assuming its something I'm doing wrong but I'm really not sure what that could be. I'm moving to the spot and then letting go of the sticks.

One time the left fielder raised his hand too late and the ball bounced off the outside of his glove, then later my centre fielder completely ignored the ball and it landed right next to him and continued to bounce on to the wall. Please help me with this guys! What's the secret to catching fly balls?
Posts like this need to be addressed more in this thread, and I'm astounded that they're not. There should not have to be a "secret" to catching flyballs. The two major glitches this game had did NOT include batting aggressiveness and batting stances--heck, those aren't even glitches...they're game design decisions.

The two biggest problems were OF flys and 1B off the bag. A flyball or line drive directly at an outfielder should not be a frightening play. It should be a routine out, and that fact that it isn't breaks the game. If you read the blog entry about the fixes, he does actually say that a lot of these things were fixed. He uses phrases like "drastically reduced the frequency of" or "tweaked." That tells me that these problems are being caused by several layers of programming failure, and they were either unable or unwilling to spend the resources to correct it in a patch.