Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #20
nuckles2k2
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: What's the preference here folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmark
i think this happens because we dont get penalized for it and 2nd people do it because of the unrealistic line play in the game i do it somtimes to avoid sacks
When David Carr had a terrible line his first few seasons with the Texans he wasn't running all over the place like a little kid and passing to people that he couldn't possibly see.....he got sacked.

If people want to be able to avoid sacks with unrealistic gameplay then um.....why make anything realistic? Sacks are a part of the game, coverage sacks in the pocket are a part of the game. Avoiding a sack by looking at someone in the stands on the left side of the field....whirling around and passing towards the middle isn't realistic....looking at receivers running up the right side of the field and turning and throwing all in one motion to a guy running towards the left sideline isn't realistic.

If we're gonna sacrifice realism for functionality, shouldn't it be a cone on on the screen for the sake of realistic gameplay as opposed to the stupidest **** you've ever seen in terms of what QBs can do, to keep a visual off of your screen?

To me it seems like simple logic.

By the way, I'm for the two button system if anything. But don't try to rationalize the stuff in that video if the cone makes you uncomfortable....because seeing QB's who can see out the back of their head and helmet makes me extra uncomfortable.