View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #56
cedwebb
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Ian, without the vision cone, how will procedural awareness effect the QB ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by N@X_WiZaRD
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I don't get what you don't get.

Your basically asking if QB has to look at a WR before he throws it. And the answer is obviously yes, but why does that necessarily have to require a passing cone? Don't we have eyes? Why do we have to look at the WR with our own eyes and then push some buttons so the game knows we are indeed using our eyes before actually pushing the pass button? It seems redundant and bulky.

To rectify the issue of non-Sim guys throwing to illogical receivers (i.e. WRs who are on the opposite side of the QB), Madden should just heavily penalize the accuracy/completion rate. That way we won't need a bulky vision cone to do what our natural eyes already do.
oh man..this is where there are two very different perspectives on this issue. If we want a true Sim you have to take your eyes out of the equation so to speak. Thats why the cone was so important. It replicates the vision of the QB we are using, which has nothing to do with what you as the user see from a birds eye view. With the cone when using Manning he can see almost the whole field replicating his vision in real life compared to a tiny cone when using Rex Grosman. Rex just isn't going to see the field the way Manning does and the cone is the only way to show that. It doesn't matter what you see, it matters what kind of vision the QB has that your using.

Last edited by cedwebb; 04-02-2009 at 04:50 PM.