View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 09:13 PM   #108
CapnKill
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
And I think some folks would still buy it if it did, lol.
Sadly enough, that's accurate

Quote:
Yes, that's the beauty of it. And there'd better be always room for improvement, or this board is gonna get reeeeeal empty.
So when is the right time to do on-line franchise? You will never make everyone happy. There will always be people that will say "Fix what makes me unhappy first, then do on-line franchise later"

Quote:
A feature as involved as an online franchise means a lot of work, a lot of resources and development time being drawn from multiple groups to make it work properly. This is not a wise move to make at this point. If the game were further along then okay, but this product is still behind by like 2 seasons.
By your calculations I won't see on-line franchise until the PS4 / 3...uhmm.. 720?... That is so unacceptable its difficult to put into words.

Quote:
I'm not sure what the disagreement there is. I gave a range of time between when the game was excellent to the time where it's not (now). Not a specific. I'm not saying Madden last gen wasn't solid. I wasn't into it enough to say one way or the other. I played 2K ball almost exclusively back then and never regretted it at all. It was a great time.
I think you said Madden wasn't good after the PS1 ... I don't recall, not really important. I too was a 2k freak, but I preferred how the long ball was handled in PS2 Madden so I made the switch in 05.

Quote:
The benchmark is there. It's not a time going forward, it's a matter of reaching the level of excellence that past football games reached, and that current titles like MLB The Show and FIFA have reached. We already know what that means and what types of things need to be in the game for it to reach that level. Now it's simply a matter of the Madden team getting it done.
Well Ian said his goal is to not have people compare Madden to NFL2k5... until On-line Franchise is a reality, it will always be compared with a game that had this very feature implemented to near perfection 5 years ago.

Gamers shouldn't have to suffer for the previous Madden's team incompetency. They need to step up their efforts and catch up quickly. I expect On-line Franchise this year, and could somewhat forgive if it slips to 2011 (but probably won't buy 2010), but anything beyond that would be a complete joke.

Last edited by CapnKill; 04-02-2009 at 09:16 PM.