View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #119
FadeEmAll
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
But are you saying that if they got the gameplay to or above the level you enjoyed in the PS2 days, the presentation was at or above the 2K5 level, and the graphics were crazy... you wouldn't buy the game? Is it really online franchise-or bust?
See man that's the real question. To be honest I never had a problem with Madden, I know people talk about how unrealistic it is and all the features that are missing etc, but to me I have always liked Madden and I consider myself a Sim Gamer. All that changed when NCAA created Online Dynasty. Why spend hours to myself repeatedly kicking the computer's *** when I can compete other players several of whom are better than myself to get the National Title. when Madden came out last year I was knee deep in a Online Dynasty and when we all discovered online wasn't in Madden we were depressed. In fact two of my friends only bought the game because I told them it was in the game and they were pissed they had to return it. Everyone I know who plays Online in NCAA still plays the game. I have absolutely no friends who still play Madden nor any that still own the game. So to me is probably 90% to 10% that I but Madden without Online Dynasty. Why play Madden by myself? Games like GTAIV and MGS are 10x better and more intrigiuing than playing football against a CPU I can defeat any time I get ready. I will have no problem coming here and saying Madden "looks improved" or is a "great game" but I wont eb spending money again until I see Online Franchise.

p.s. (I actually play a lot of MLB The Show myself without Online Seasons but baseball is different and I have no friends who play MLB. Plus, I have absolutely no faith Madden can reach MLB The Show's lvl from where it is in one development cycle. It's not anything against Ian or EA, but if they can't get online in one year there is no way they bridge that gap.)