View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 PM   #49
l NErd l
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How important is a good Franchise mode to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodizzy
I want to say franchise is most important to me, but without solid, impressive gameplay, a franchise with even all the bells and whistles would be built on an unstable base. I know it was just a question asking folks to prioritize stuff, but features like gameplay and franchise shouldn't be mutually exclusive... ever. They go hand in hand.

I realize for a lot of people Madden is still that game a lot of us played against our best friends when were 12. I had an old crappy TV that was set off to the side of the living room at my grandma's house and my pal and I would square off all time, me usually winning. I loved it. I didn't even think about franchise. That was 20 years ago! We should have the best of both worlds right now. 20 years of making a football game should have facilitated some sort of dreamlike phantasm of a football game. Instead, we are clamoring for major details like being able to trade for future draft picks and having an honest-to-goodness pocket to throw from. We should be making wishlists of nothing but gravy, but we can't even get the biscuits yet.

Ditto.
Good point.
Could not agree more.

Are we finally going to get some attention in this years Madden?