View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 01:49 PM   #145
CapnKill
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Am I the only one that doesn't care about online franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
But the problem is, they still have to build the code, do the testing from the user side, and server side, plus I'm guessing that anything that goes through XBL will have to be approved by Microsoft in some way. This is something that they'd have to have been working on for likely longer than a cycle.

If I'm not mistaken, I recall Phil Frazier saying in an interview last year that they'd been working to get online leagues in the game for a while. That could probably mean they've been working on it for a few cycles. I'd like to hear from them what type of work that took and also what it would take specifically to have an online franchise. I think it would be interesting to hear about those challenges.
OH man don't remind me of the league system from Madden 09... I find it hard to stomach that any coding effort was spent on that... Talk about a waste of resources.

Quote:
I think most people would have that response to what they feel is bad gameplay, so I can understand that. And I think it says something about how important the game on the field is over modes and other things.
Gameplay is always #1 no matter what, that we can always agree on. I feel that the Madden 10 gameplay is going to be a good enough improvement over 09 that I'm going to sit there and say... damn this is good... but DAMN why can't I do on-line franchise with it

Quote:
I never really thought about tiers to this before, but that's a good observation.

My profile is kinda like this... I have a deep knowledge of the history of the game, not so much X's and O's. I know authenticity when I see it and the opposite of that when I see it. I don't play a lot, but analyze a lot, lol. I analyze this game far more than I've actually played it. My playing habits are casual but would be more hardcore if the game had more of the things I'm looking for. So I guess at the moment I'm a casual player with a hardcore's want-list with the hope of the game adding those things so I can become a hardcore player, lol. Does that make any sense?
It makes sense Really everyone has their own unique category that they fall in for the most part.

Quote:
Well, I think we can both agree that Madden today is not as good as it was in any of the past generations taking into account how each game faired within the context of the technology available in their times.
Don't even have to throw the tech clarification in there, PS2 Madden 05-09 has been hands down better than any Madden on the NG system.

Quote:
So at the very least, I think we'd expect for it to reach the level of excellence it had in the past. I think we'll know when it hits.
True, but they have to make up ground. I don't think they can sit there and say.. well... sorry about the last 5 years... Efforts must be stepped up to catch up to the standard that we expect.

Quote:
But it could be coming this year. The thing is, if they're going to do it then they'd have to have been working on it for a while now.
I would love to hope that the On-line League code they used in 09 is not a complete waste and that it made it possible for on-line franchises to be introduced in Madden 10... hopefully.

Quote:
But are you saying that if they got the gameplay to or above the level you enjoyed in the PS2 days, the presentation was at or above the 2K5 level, and the graphics were crazy... you wouldn't buy the game? Is it really online franchise-or bust?
IF they give me the camera angles I want, and if the gameplay is intriguing enough to where I want to learn the ins and outs of the game like I did on the PS2, then I MIGHT be able to entertain myself for long enough without on-line franchise, but either way I doubt I'd play it for more than a month or two... I can't play against the CPU, I find absolutely no satisfaction in that what so ever, so it would have to be "Play Now" with regular teams which gets old very fast, or we'd try to use workaround to simulate an on-line franchise as best we could... I mean we'll definitely try everything we can to find a way, but if there's absolutely no viable solution, I will either not buy the game or buy it used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1ARk5
Yea I hear you too, but I am just afraid that the dev's will listen the few people that actually care about online franchise as oppose to the masses that prefer offline.
Why do you guys think that they will do on-line franchise before they fix off-lien franchise?! Who in their right mind would take that approach? OBVIOUSLY they will fix off-line franchise first and then port it on-line, this is a no brainer. OFF-Line franchise lovers have NOTHING to fear from on-line franchise, absolutely nothing.

Last edited by CapnKill; 04-03-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove