StormJH1
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: ***Official patch 2 impressions thread (PS3 only)***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
You're welcome

I still consider the outfield glitch an issue, but to get around that I am just letting the AI go after fly balls for me and see if that aleviates it at all.

As for the slow down, it does appear that there are many bloopers I should be able to catch but the slow down prevents me from getting there which frustrates the heck out of me.

I dont consider the 1B glitch an issue anymore. On routine plays I havent seen it. The only 2 times I saw it is when I went deep into the hole with Jeter and had to gun a throw to 1st that pulled the 1B off the bag, but those are realistic plays.

The batter "snap in" is no longer there, though some batters are in an odd stance for a few seconds before going into their real stance. Hard to explain. No biggie though.

It looks like 2k also resolved the missing frame when the AI pitcher releases the ball causing the ball to change directions once its comes out of the pitchers hand. That drove me crazy because it made it so difficult to pick up the pitch type and location.

To me the AI still hits the ball a bit too much but I think it can be fixed with sliders. I am not looking for the perfect baseball experience. The only thing I am concerned with is the outfield problem, if I cant get around this then I may have no choice put to give up on 2K for this year.
Yeah, 360 users just got word that it should be out for us 2am SAT morning. I have concerns, but I was always doubtful that they were going to be able to 100% fix the flyball thing. I'm not trying to be a jerk to anyone genuinely annoyed by the AI aggressiveness thing, but that never bothered me. The only problem with it is that you were a little too accurate, even with scrub pitchers, which meant you'd never walk anyone. The Show and even MLB PowerPros seem to throw a little challenge into hitting your marks.

My original position was that I was going to keep the game until the patch, and if the patch failed to address the flyball and 1B stuff, I would trade it. But I don't know. There's so much good to go with the bad...I just wish the game had been properly tested and fixed.