View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #1098
icemann6
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: ***Official MLB 2K9 Retail Version Impressions***

Hey guys... I am new here and I tried to create a thread but for some reason it is not showing up.

I just wanted to ask you guys a question. As a season progresses, does the time of day lengthen? Or do all night games start and end in the dark?

If all night games do indeed start and end in the dark, then what is the point of putting progressive lighting in the game in the first place? It seems to be the only applicable time of day (for a game time start) where you would program a day-night progression to occur. Do the guys programming this code look at the times that the games start? Do they not understand that night games begin in the evening and eventually become night? It seems as if the time frame has been shifted forward. The afternoon time progression would actually work perfectly for night games.

I like this game, but I am beginning to wonder if some of the folks in charge have ever really watched a real baseball game. I don't mean that to be disrespectful or negative, but seriously... how on earth could that have passed the testing process? Do they just not pay attention to the fact that, on average, a game last 3 hours? why would an afternoon game which begins at 4 and ends at 7 have a transition half way through the game? Does that make any sense for a game in the middle of summer to a) see darkness at 6pm or b) last 8 hours?

I understand that there are much more pressing issues with this game. What I am trying to say is that, these are problems that never ever should occur if actual baseball fans were programming the game and testing it... day/night progression.... leadoff hitters swinging on 3-0....

The other stuff, the first baseman thing and the outfielder thing I have noticed but not enough to take away from my gaming experience. The AI agressiveness and the lack of a mound visit for relief pitchers are what aggravate me, but I see that most of these things were ironed out in the 2nd patch. I am trying to comment on the lack of actual baseball polish that this game lacks. I can deal with these things because I really like the game and think that it is a lot of fun. However, for a design team flaunting the realism of the game, I think that it would help them to actually sit down and watch a few.