View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
adembroski
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: All-Time SF 49ers

I was working on an all-time roster for every team a while back, and I basically made the rule that a player can only be on one team. Deion is a Cowboy, for example, while Norton is a 'Niner.

At Quarterback, there can be some slight debate on the #3 guy. Y.A. Tittle is a Giant to me, so I leave him out. So it's between Brodie and Garcia. I'd probably go with Brodie as well, but Garcia holds most of the positional records for the team, so it's something to consider.

Hearst's short time there makes me want to question that pick, even though he's my personal favorite 'Niner. McElhenny deserves some consideration.

Richard Dent spent the '94 season injured and the O.J. Simpson trade was the Vikings-Walker trade before there was a Vikings-Walker trade.

As far as I'm concerned, a guy should only be a member of 1 all-time team. Deion Sanders is a Cowboy, Charles Haley is a Cowboy, Richard Dent is a Bear, O.J. is a Bill, Larry Allen is a Cowboy, Rod Woodson is a Steeler, Kevin Greene is a Panther, Wesley Walls is a Saint, but I can accept Bill Romonowski as a 'Niner, and Ken Norton Jr. most definitely is.

Terrell Owens is questionable. Probably more Cowboy than 'Niner, but the argument could be made either way.

Personally, I'm just going to do a starting lineup.

QB- Joe Montana
HB- Hugh McElhenny
FB- Joe Perry
WR- Jerry Rice
WR- Terrell Owens
TE- Brent Jones
T- Bob St.Clair, Harris Barton
G- Randy Cross, Derrick Deese
C- Jesse Sapolu (Bart Oats is a Giant)

DE- Fred Dean, Dwayne Board
DT- Bryant Young, Michael Carter
LB- Jack Reynolds, Keena Turner, Patrick Willis
CB- Eric Wright, Ronnie Lott
S- Merton Hanks, Tim McDonald

I'm putting the "best 11" on the field, so since Lott was as good a corner as he was a safety, I put him there to maximize the talent on the field.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.