View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
PGaither84
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: will the Franchise dumb CPU draft be fixed?

It would make it even more fun when the packers LB combined with Hawk and Barnett to stuff AP... when that LB was supposed to be yours. Guess that's why you need to trade up in the draft at times Conversely there are players who deserve a high pick, but are not in your "needs" thisi s why the Patriots [who had the 49ers 10th pick] traded down to get J. Meyo after the Jets took the LB they wanted. NE felt that J. Meyo would last afew picks down and that they could get something out of the 10th for waiting. Just liek the 1986 draft by the 49ers where Walsh turned 8 draft picks into 14 and had like 6 picks in the 3rd round that turned into Rathman, John Taylor, and Charles Haley.

There has always been a problem with computer logic in draftign and getting free agents, but it has gotten worse over the years. I think there should be a chaos factor though as well. there should be a random chance that some team will makea crazy trade like high picks for a superstar to help their team.

I don't havea problem with the Colts drafting a QB in the first round, but I do have a problem when they do it several times and not only the colts but the patriots and cowboys and others do as well. there are times teams make poor or questionable draft picks and that shouldbe refelected ni the game, but it shouldn't be the norm.

I don't want the computer to make super draft picks all the time, but what it is doing now should be the exception, not the rule. there are tiems I should say "WTF?" just like real fans do.

Also, Ian has already told us a couple of things that pertain to all of this. First off that the computer logic will change a player's postion based on a team need, for example having 3 RT and 1 LT will now change one RT to LT. Or having 4 LEs and 0 REs will now make 2 LEs and 2 REs. i can only assume that the 2ed best player on the overstock list becomes the changed player. the other thing Ian said was that he HOPES to have an April 6th blog with franchise info but he can't promise it.

Lastly;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings
Mar. 9, 2009 Creating 'Sim-Style' Gameplay in Madden NFL 10
Next week we will continue this topic a little deeper and talk about a topic that is very important to our team - player locomotion, momentum, direction changes, and turn rates. These aspects are CORE to making a realistic football game, and they also can easily make your game feel way too sluggish or way too twitchy if implemented incorrectly. I'm hoping to also talk about 'suction' in interactions and 'warping' on catches in that blog as well, but those areas are still very much in progress in development so I may wait a while.
We stil have no info as far as I know about that alast bit, so who knows?

Last edited by PGaither84; 04-04-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove