View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 05:17 PM   #296
brendanrfoley
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

Played another game with the patch, and I'm very impressed. Random thoughts and observations:

- CPU Aggressiveness is toned down, but it will jump on poorly executed pitches. Pitch Gesture is monumentally important, especially on breaking pitches.

- User-controlled pitchers are far less accurate. It provides a great challenge, and I actually walked three guys during my last game.

- Fielding is much, much more enjoyable. It's less twitchy and more fluid.

- Are we sure progressive lighting isn't fixed? I started my game at what looked like 2pm or so in the afternoon. The lights came one near the end of the game, but there was much more sunlight out. It looked like it was about 6pm or so.

- Smoother transitional animations... there's no doubt Visual Concepts worked on stuff after the game went gold. This patch includes too much to believe otherwise.

- Overall, I'm thrilled. MLB 2K9 plays a pretty darn good game of baseball with this patch, and we haven't gotten into the nitty-gritty slider tweaking just yet. I'm estatic!