Old 04-04-2009, 11:22 PM   #42
ODogg
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Wait..what no Dreads :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yep. I never said this was easy. The game is running at 60 fps right now. In order to add dreads, we'd have to change the way player heads are rendered. This will impact frame rate. Remember, it isn't one dread... we have to support 22 players with them and keep the frame rate the same. In order to do this, we would then have to optimize in other places.

Can it be done? Sure. However, it is a big impact feature budget wise. It would be a hard sell to avoid it getting cut when we are at 200% over budget . It isn't a matter of laziness, it is a matter of priorities. I'd love to have it, along with a laundry list of other stuff, but at the end of the day we have a limited amount of time to make the game.
OMT, first fo all thank you for taking the time to reply to this. However, I find your answer lacking because you guys knew LAST YEAR there was a big uproar about this and yet you are acting in this post as if you're just now hearing about dreadlocks, long hair and at this point it's too late. I just don't get it. Same deal for refs and the chain gang.

When you guys are setting around talking about the new game do you completely forget everything discussed about the previous year's game until you come into the forums and get reminded in April? Because it sure seems that way.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven