Old 04-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Are we forgetting Play Creating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I dont understand the big deal with this whole create a play situation. I do understand that it means something to many people, so if its added, thats good for you but....What plays do you actually want that aint already in the damn game, lol!

I mean recievers can only do so many things, same with running backs, and from what I see, its all represented in the game already. What else can they do but posts, flags, ins, outs, curls, and streaks?

Now that I think about it. Are you just talking about how those routes are combined within a certain play? Even then, I think its represented well in game as is. I'll go and take a look at some real NFL plays so I can see if I can feel you guys on this topic. Right now, I cant feel you on this one.
1) It's a customization option, I want as many customization options as possible.

2) I want to draw up my own playbook and use that rather than being stuck with one of the ~40 that are included with the game on either side of the ball, the vast majority of which contain commonly-shared plays. In particular, I've always found the defensive playbooks in Madden to be rather uninspired.

3) If nothing else, it saves time that I would otherwise use hot-routing a different pre-built play to hell and back before I actually run it.