View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 11:30 AM   #345
icicle22
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Official Patch 2 Available, Impressions Here (360 Only)

3 games post patch as the Indians. Pitching is 100% improved. I got 7 strikeouts with CLiff Lee in one game and 4-5 in the next two games with Carmona and Pavano and tons of strikes looking. I love this aspect of the game now.

However, I am not happy with the toned down hitting. Previously I played with custom sliders and would hit 2-3 homeruns in a game, with the occassional 0-1 homerun game. I was okay with this. I had room to pull the sliders back and make it more realistic as I improved. However, my first game with these slider post patch has netted me nothing but singles and an occasional double. Balls that I normally crushed were routine flyballs. So in an effort to see if I can adjust this, I moved the power slider all the way to 100 and played 2 more games and still only hit flares and singles with one doule to the gap. I crushed the ball on 3-4 different occasions and it only hit the wall 2-3 feet up from the ground. None of hits really feel powerful now. It's like they seriously de-juiced the ball.

Sadly, this is the main reason I had chosen 2k over the show as the hitting in the show just felt weak....I never felt like I was really ripping into the ball like I did with 2k9. Now, 2k9 is feeling like the show.....never really feeling like I am crushing the ball or driving it now. All bloop singles, squib hits or flyballs. In fact, I see a lot more weak dribblers in front of the plate.

Now in fairness, the hit variety seems better...as I like seeing all types of hits. But in 3 games, I have not hat that satisfying smash hit to the gap, down the line or deep into the seats. Neither has the CPU. I do not fear hanging a pitch anymore....it will just be a single.

While many complained it was a homerun fest prior to the patch, I actually like the power of the hits, and I could tone it down via sliders.

At this moment, power sliders maxed and I just don't feel "it" anymore and there is nowhere to go from 100!

So now 2k9 feels more like the show....and while to some that might be good, I liked that the 2 games felt uniquely different....now neither feels satisfying to me from a hitting point of view.

Any suggestions? Anyone else noticing a "major" drop in power?
Advertisements - Register to remove